+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Alliance

An Alliance

Greebas,

I posted a thread in the Stories forum requesting an alliance in RP form. I figure I would do it here less dramatically and a bit more formally as well in case it is overlooked in the RP forum ;-)

I am Trok'blud, Goth of the Darkblood Orcs (You can see our old archive site here - we are in the process of making a new website as we speak). For a few years we have been - frozen... However, we have resurrected ourselves and have taken a considerable amount of land in the old Ratman Valley. Recently, the Boulderfist Orcs have surfaced and have taken refuge within some of the ruins of your old clans territories (sadly, we watched many huts fall to father time).

We have formed an alliance and have begun making plans for a long-term based goal/mission. We wish to seek the council of your war-goths in these matters under an alliance of The Orcish Hordes to accomplish these goals in the name of our peoples. We would be more than willing to aid in recruitment, supply stocks, territorial claiming and more. The time for small independent clans should be put to the side and if we unite we can bring back the effectiveness in number and activity that we've all seen and remember. Join us, brothers, in a new quest of the ages - HOOWAH!!!!

Forgive me for the lack of RP or Urk Blah here - I just did what seemed like a novel in the RP forum, hah. Rulg bruddurz.

-Trok'blud <Darkblood Orcs>

Are you the ones I've seen where you're all mages and ride around on ethys?

Possibly? I know where this is going...

Obviously, this shards setup doesn't quite play to the favor of Orcs without bolas and silly amounts of stamina, which is what I'm told is the main reason the Orc guilds that were here left. We tossed the no mount rule out the window - just no horses. It's either that or the clan dies before it is even born on a shard like UO:Forever, you know this... What makes an Orc is the roleplayer behind the mask, my friend. And what allows the Orc to interact with a community is population. That's why we're here and trying to rally all interested Orcs. I don't expect many to be honest, but a few strong players is all it takes to get it started again. I hope to see your clan soon in game. HOOWAH!

Rulg,

Trok'blud <Darkblood Orcs>

You dodged part of my question. I literally see every one of your orcs casting magic. Not something we're normally into. As far as mounts go, who knows, you might be able to talk a few Bloodclan people into implementing mounts or something, not sure. I rp on UO:Forever as a human. Once BC left I stayed and rp in the Black Wind and City of Trinsic guilds. But, again, it's going to be a tough sell when all you guys have ethys and cast magic. Just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sek'Morag View Post
    You dodged part of my question. I literally see every one of your orcs casting magic. Not something we're normally into. As far as mounts go, who knows, you might be able to talk a few Bloodclan people into implementing mounts or something, not sure. I rp on UO:Forever as a human. Once BC left I stayed and rp in the Black Wind and City of Trinsic guilds. But, again, it's going to be a tough sell when all you guys have ethys and cast magic. Just fyi.
    No, you're right. There is an element of being an orc that is lost on a mount - mages we allow - any template we allow - we're trying to be a somewhat casual clan where people with the right mindset can be an orc as long as they follow the golden rule of not breaking character (we welcome old retired orcs too heh).

In truth, we have maybe 5 solid members who don't always get time to play when the others do (we've cycled through about 10 others who I haven't seen in ages), so running solo usually resorts to playing a snaga to farm with rather than the orc.

I have not yet even revealed much of our presence on the UO:Forever forums as I wanted to establish a territory and find a few grunts to run the pugs when we actively recruit. When recruitment time comes, I do intend on doing away with mounts themselves and allowing sheer numbers to benefit our non auto-bot pvp tactics (without scripts like those robed fellas it's rough even 2v1 sometimes). I apologize if I was defensive in my response - those wolf riding mojos were probably us (that won't last forever).

The way I see this is if I wait to announce our presence on the forums and do any recruiting, us 3 clans can organize a plan, territories and roles in all of this behind the scenes and then open the gates for an active movement to rouse some activity and entertainment.

Your clan demands the most respect from what I've seen throughout the years. Boulderfist have made their presence and I'm sure you guys have played alongside them before on other shards. Our clan is a casual RP guild - casual does not mean a "slacking" on the roleplay part at all, but rather a lack of structure in terms of a military sense that is often perceived when thinking of an "orc guild" in UO based on the old traditions. Instead, I encourage people to play the game any way they want, just do it as an orc and don't break character.

I know a lot of old orcs don't like hearing that or that it is thought of to be trammel-like, but these guys are blood-thirsty no matter how "chill" I try to be about the clans interactions. They do runs through the cave like it's nobodies business and it has a lot of attention - a steady hotspot for shiniez or oomie huntin...

My point is that it seems like a good opportunity for us all to get a fresh start together and do something a little different than we've all been doing the past X amount of years, ya know? I still can't stop playing UO after all these years and all these different games - and I know a ton of you guys know exactly what I mean if not all of you hah.

I consider your clan the military forces, we are like murderous civilians and Boulderfist is somewhere in the middle - a fair set of options I would think)... I see large opportunity for community activity here - a whole race of orcs, not just all soldiers - the t-hunters and champ hunters, fishers and crafters, etc. would all basically supply the war effort with primo armor and weaponry - and get involved... think about it - a whole living breathing infrastructure... We could do this.

I ask that anyone who can spread this around and that there is a willingness for support to get any new orc clans here started. I mean not to take anyone from any other UO shards you may be present on, but this is an offer for another option should the others fail or the idea inspire you - we would be honored to have the Bloodclan as the third tribe in the Orcish Hordes Alliance. Rulg.

-Trok'blud <Darkblood Orcs>

Just to clarify, I'm not recruiting members into a guild, I'm trying to recruit a guild into an alliance and get your clan back on uof - I hate watching these huts fall lol

If I wanted to play a mounted tank mage in UO... I'd just play a human. I roleplay an orc in uo to play an orc in uo.

Best of luck to you, though. /2c

Quote Originally Posted by Yog'Ktar View Post
    If I wanted to play a mounted tank mage in UO... I'd just play a human. I roleplay an orc in uo to play an orc in uo.

Best of luck to you, though. /2c
    Fair enough - and thank you - again, I assure you we will be doing away with mounts shortly... should the idea happen to cross your mind heh

+ Reply to Thread