+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *mounts a howler*

lol, yea...in full raid mode we do not need mounts so much...but patrolling around the forts and protecting the spawn of these new mounts...I could see us riding them patrolling the fort area...not ideal mounts really for us, but the developer is trying to help us compete...I would rather have a pretty pink giant toad...

Mounts are a bad Idea for orc pvp/rp. we as orcs set up traps and ambushes, we fight together as a unit , and rely on eachother for crossheals and krimps. Mounts tend to spread us out making crosshealing and krimping almost impossible. they encourage chasing humans leading to orcs getting lured into groups/guards and separating us during combat. its very easy to get lost from the group and makes it very hard for grunts to keep lower ranking/inexperienced orcs in line. IMO mounts are most useful for mage tactics and less effective for dexxers which will pretty much eliminate our trademark fighting style.

even though bolas are not in game i believe we can still stand a chance by ambushing players, using stool krimps, krimp and clomping, and archery. we have done so on many shards and i dont see a reason why these tactics wont work here.

rp wise they would make good pets and rp props. but mounting them would take away from what we are in my opinion.
    Nok'Tor De Mytee, Fizt Ub De Wargod

Not that I have any say, but crafters could potentially use the ridable wolves.
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Quote Originally Posted by Burz'Ro View Post
    Good point, i doubt they would have the storage beetles do but it would be an option.
    Nok'Tor De Mytee, Fizt Ub De Wargod

Aye, they could definately save a makr's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Burz'Ro View Post
    Crafter's were the only ones that were allowed to ride a mount. I wouldnt see any harm in them now riding a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nok'Tor View Post
    Mounts are a bad Idea for orc pvp/rp.
    I disagree, having a small number of mounted troops has been proven very effective on our raids. The Undead were the ones to usually fill this role though. It's a bad idea having everyone mounted, but a select group that can ride mounts for certain raid spots would be cash yo. I know orc roleplaying is usually steeped in rigid tradition, but as the game changes, sometimes you have to adapt with new tactics or become redundant. It's not really that big of an issue for me and I would support the use of combat mounted orcs albeit in small number. They would make great pets to train and let loose on ommies too.

Also no bolas and no heat of battle? what kind of trammie shard is this :/

no bolas...heat of battle, I believe was supposed to be in...

+ Reply to Thread