+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mechanic/Rule changes to UOForver

Mechanic/Rule changes to UOForver

So I logged in this morning to this:

"Do not use immovable items(crates, boxes, chests, doors, walls etc..) to block or otherwise trap players in or around your house. This is using game mechanics to your high advantage and will be seen as cheating. Players must have a path out by some means, always. You may block that path with your characters or pets however."

this change went into affect today, after several successful raids using these tactics. Its Obvious ( at least to me) that they want us to either not be here or play they way everyone else does. In my opinion this needs no discussion or an attempt to change the staffs mind. They have showed us many times in the past (no matter the evidence) that they are set in their decisions. I think this is the "last straw" as it where, at least for me.

I'm posting this to see how you guys feel about it and if you would like to continue forward or return to our home branch on Hybrid. please let us know how you feel.

*edit* didnt see the "In or Around house" part. maybe this will work on raids still.
    Last edited by Nok'Tor; 09-04-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Nok'Tor De Mytee, Fizt Ub De Wargod

I say we just keep box krimping. If they ban us, then we can just move back to Hybrid where there aren't quite so many trammies on staff.

Edit: It only says "in or around your house" therefore, stool krimps on raids are legit?
    Last edited by Burz'Ro; 09-04-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

I'm with Burz on this one. Fuck em. Lets keep doing what we do and if they do end up banning us, then no skin off our backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzgash View Post
    If they keep this up, they will most likely die a slow death soon as a new shard pops up.....

This is exactly what will happen. They're only so popular right now because there is literally NO OTHER SHARD worth playing at this time.

Back to Hybrid

I'd much rather play on Hybrid.

Love the new forum look but typng in the relybox is super bad. The text you write is black on a charcoal background. Please fix, thanks. I can see firefox highlighting errors in my spellng but I'm having a gard time proofreading like I normally do. Sorry.

On topic: I am only looking forward to seeing what IPY3 does. Hybrid is deato me because the staff are douchebags and so is UOF because of their problem with red hate. That said, whatever the clan decideds to play, Ill play. Just not as enthusiastically if it's a server that puts effort into making the game less fun for us.

My vote is undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by Burz'Ro View Post
    I say we just keep box krimping. If they ban us, then we can just move back to Hybrid where there aren't quite so many trammies on staff.

Edit: It only says "in or around your house" therefore, stool krimps on raids are legit?
    they did say just house... So until further notice still use on raids

Quote Originally Posted by Yog'Ktar View Post
    Love the new forum look but typng in the relybox is super bad. The text you write is black on a charcoal background. Please fix, thanks. I can see firefox highlighting errors in my spellng but I'm having a gard time proofreading like I normally do. Sorry.
    Is this better?
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

lets raid them IRL perma death to all the trammies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tip'Sur View Post
    lets raid them IRL perma death to all the trammies!!
    HOOWAH TIPPY! Great idea!

+ Reply to Thread