Thread: Language and rank name Warder

Threaded View

Language and rank name Warder

I was wondering where this name Warder came from, and what was the inspiration behind it to name tribal chieftains that way.

About the language, i'm not a fan of making sentences using both orcish and english, unless only nouns and/or adjectives are orcish(the rest being english). Other than that, a full sentence in orcish or english makes sense. But i've always hate to see orcs say stuff like "Lat dum!". It's even worst when 'Lat' is being used as 'Your', followed by english. The irony is that i'm pretty sure it was me who first started using 'Lat' and it created this zombie apocalypse

And now I see you've added a replacement for 'Me', so I can already see alot of pain for my eyes but my main worries is the typical nazi reactions i'd get from other orcs if I don't talk the same way. So my question is, would it be playable for me if my orc talks my way? Also not a fan of the suffix 'r thing. It's lazy, ugly and dumb

Anyway, I just checked and I lost my old file I kept about the orc language I improved. 15 years ago I was working heavily to improve the language, almost every orc word we got that isn't from Tolkien and the first basic 10 or so words(Yub nub, etc) was created by me. It came quite easily to me back then, not sure if I still got it, but we'll see. I had a huge list of nouns, verbs and adj on it. I have a quick suggestion though(which actually comes from Warcraft but I always loved it);

Acknowledgment - Dabu

And we need one for 'Shield'. I'm working something in my head around 'Ogba'. Will work on this word this week

Oh yea and I remember that I changed 'Gug'ye' to 'Gugbu' at the end of my UO career on my list, but it didn't become official nor used. I personally don't find 'ye' as a proper orcish suffix at all. It's probably our worst word. Of course, being one of the first words used, it's a tough nut to break. But hey, starting over on a new shard is a good time for change. Up to you.
    Last edited by Varg; 01-07-2014 at 07:01 AM.