+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions? What are you guys playing or excited to soon play.

Suggestions? What are you guys playing or excited to soon play.

So, we need some suggestions. Preferably, games that are going to be released, MMOs of course. This is no way intended to take away from the efforts we need to put forth into UO. We do need to branch and check new games out to grow and stay relevant. Suggest something and link it so everyone can review and let us talk about it.

GTA 5 - this would be just a straight up fun game to play together.
    http://www.rockstargames.com/V/
    Pros:
    I already have a clan setup (with T'sogg) and we have been playing for a few years already.
    there is a ton of shit to do that will keep our interests for a long while.
    Huge player base.
    Integrated Voip chat so we wouldn't have to download any new programs.
    Already tied to steam
    All DLC are free

Cons:
    Still full price for some reason
    3yr old game so who knows how long these updates will keep coming (at least into the next year)
    Modders
    Multiplayer but not an mmo
    Need a decent Computer to run it.

Darkfall - T'Sogg has been trying to get me to play this for a min now.
    Apparently the IP was acquired by fans of the game the polished up the mechanics a bit. From what I hear its basically UO with better graphics.
    https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/
    Pros:
    Open world PVP
    Full Loot
    Skill based
    Player driven economy
    Traditional MMO

Cons:
    Monthly sub
    learning curve
    need a decent computer to run it
    Needs Discord (or alternative) to communicate
    Nok'Tor De Mytee, Fizt Ub De Wargod

GTA5 is on sale for 29.99 right now. All DLCs are free btw.

So about 4 years back a few of us signed up for the kickstarter to this game called Shroud of the avatar. I havent really seen much about it. to be honest i sort of forgot about it untill a few months back. anyhow it looks like they are launching early access for backers today the email i used was still registered so i got a download going. again I dont know much about this game but here is a link to the website. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385
    Last edited by Nok'Tor; 06-29-2017 at 01:48 PM.

I bought into Shards Online (now Legends of Aria) a while back and I played the most recent alpha... it's essentially a 1 to 1 UO remake in 3D, right down to the isometric view. It needs a lot more content added, but the bones of the game are solid and I was very impressed.

I was looking into Aria just a few days ago. looks and sounds awesome but I always have issues with playing games in beta. they always seem to lose steam and fizzle out. Hopefully this will not be the case here.

Recently picket up Legends of Aria and have been playing with T'sogg. it very much feels like UO in alot of aspects. Its very nostalgic and takes me back to the old uo days while still being new enough to hold my interest. almost all aspects of gameplay mimic UO, there is full loot, open pvp, housing, craftables, guilds and other things that all call back to UO. deff worth looking into as a future branch.

Told you! Yeah my first couple hours playing Aria I felt like I was 11 years old in 1997 again. It really is UO reborn.

Linked up with UDL and have been playing Legends of Aria with them for the past week or two. We just finished up most of our toons and have placed several houses. PvP is exciting and engaging. there is hiding and stealth as well. Most combat is done on foot because when you use special moves it will dump you off your mount which means out playstyle is viable.

Im usually logged into discord (Dregoth) whenever im home so you can get a hold of me. I would love to see some of you join up and check it out. i really feel like this could be our new home game.

Grog you gotta send me your info. We all moved to the Trievon shard as the official shard will be reset soon.

Can you build skills up AFK? Is the character building very time consuming?

+ Reply to Thread