+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: UO Renaissance and it's RP supporting systems

Threaded View

UO Renaissance and it's RP supporting systems

Hello,

I've been talking to Chris, which is the owner of UO Renaissance, and he was telling me about the shard features that support RP.

Firstly, I'd like to talk a little bit about the shard.

UO Renaissance started basically at UO:R era, and is improving from there. Like going on a different direction than OSI servers went, in a good way, obviously.

Apart from all the good features you can find in here:
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/whyUOR
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/testimonials

Now, UO Renaissance is a Stat Loss and Mount server, yes, it is. BUT, they have specific systems that change that to work with RP guilds and such.

Some of the cool ALREADY EXISTING RP features in UOR:

1- Ability to Ally with NPC Alliances (Currently existing: Orcs, Undead and Pirates):
    We could ally our guild with the NPC orcs, that way the shardies will not attack us (and we also cannot attack them), we would also have access to the orange zones (will talk about them later). This will also allow us to organize town invasions (along with the staff).

2- Orange Zones
    The Orc orange zone will be our home, anyone that enters will be orange to us and we will be orange to them....no stat loss! When a town invasion is going on, that town will become an orange zone.

Planned Features:

1- Allow Bolas or Disallow mounts on Orange Zones

Telamon (Chris) is really open to suggestions and feedback and is really interested in turning this shard into the best place for RPers considering the world balance, since this is not an RP-only shard.

Well thats about it.

Warcouncil

sounds fun. Is this where we are going? If so ill start a character
    Last edited by Qig'dak; 07-29-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Qig, a few of us have started on UOR. For now I think this is it.

wow glad to hear they are willing to work with rpers with orange zones and such.......... great

I also am taking all and any suggestions regarding the shard and specially the RP support systems.

Anything you guys think should exist in the shard and any feedback you have, please send them to me.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is I FINALLY was able to get UO to download on my computer after fighting with it since Nov 2013. The bad news is I am functioning without razor since I cannot seem to get that to load. I created Muguk on UO Ren but I will be on a very slow limited capacity for training since I cant macro anything to train up skills so I will be doing it the hard way.
    Last edited by Muguk; 07-31-2014 at 03:23 PM.

i think bolas would be better in the orange zones than no mounts. it would be quicker to implement than the later. plus it will give more economy for the whole shard and it is more authentic as we ARE orcs. swinging around bolas and derping oomies. klomp dem and dem gib uz fuud! Hosh hosh. I miss har'drak for that lol...

Not to mention if oomies can't ride food the bitchery will split the clouds.

Fighting ommies that are mounted is far more rewarding, and I think easier. They get cocky and arrogant and fall into our traps. Fighting foot to foot usually means chasing them for 30 minutes lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoth View Post
    Fighting ommies that are mounted is far more rewarding, and I think easier. They get cocky and arrogant and fall into our traps. Fighting foot to foot usually means chasing them for 30 minutes lol.
    Completely agree. Mounts aren't the issue, it's statloss. If we argue our case well, I believe we stand a decent chance to be considered free from having to deal with that. Especially in the case where they want us to invade towns. We'd be dying trying to complete an objective only to lose tons of skill points that then have to be grinded back up to be even slightly useful again.

This is how I would argue my case:
    The point of the statloss system is to give wreckless, griefing PvP'ers a punishment that will inhibit them from playing to give new, non-pvping players some respite from them. We're murderers, yes, but we're not griefers by any means. We seek to have fun combat for both sides, trying to foster pvp, rp, and fun with rp and non rp characters. It would be unfair to hold us to the same statloss system as mounted, mage griefers and other pk's because we operate very differently. Instead of being mages, we mainly play warriors who must use tactics and, largely, team work in order to be dangerous. We are not outfitted in the greatest gear, either. In many instances, the best equipped character may have a might or power weapon and exceptional leather armor with a little south of 100 bandages. Is it fair when one of these murderous RP orc characters, who don't use mounts for any reason, are killed they suffer statloss when they do not pose a serious threat to anyone in open terrain? In our quest to be a fun enemy, we challenge ourselves, we anticipate dying, and we wish to get back up and continue fighting for the bloodgod. With statloss, it is impossible for our non-abusive play style to be anything but tediously annoying.

+ Reply to Thread