+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I miss UO...

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over my UO itch lol.

Honestly, "population" with the ability to pk is key to any successful UO shard. I think we all wanted to see UOAC work. The team there was awesome at what they were able to do in such short notice. Az quit, not enough advertising time and they were still in the development phase. Whatever they do going forward is going to be a success. I just hope it's not another ipy grind style shard.

The masses seem to be split between UOF and UOG lately. Either shard could probably take over as number 1 with just a few changes. Hybrid should honestly wipe and give donors pixal crack, UOF should add bolas and scale back statloss a tiny bit.

I have been able to pk newbies in the black smith shop next to our tower daily. Maybe we can pk til we die there and then play on hybrid mostly until a new shard comes out?

I'm game for any shard that has a decent size population of 300+ and daily activity (real activity not 10 clients bank sitting). Just pick one and I'll follow, I honestly do think you all should try raiding with us in the black smith shop on UOF. It's so much easier to defend since the gm's nerfed a lot of the pvp machines. Maybe we could play til we die on there and then log on UOG?

PS: I like the sound of this russian populated shard too.
    Last edited by Muzgash; 07-23-2014 at 07:32 PM.

It's a Turkish shard, which would'nt be so bad except it is Age of Shit..... Who the hell would make let alone play on an AoS server???... *puke*

Closing up shop like this was a difficult decision on our end. Honestly, Muzgash hit it on the head. There were a lot of short notice stuff that happened at launch that lead to a bunch of problems for us in the long run. We've fixed a lot of our problems now that were present at launch, but it's far too late to let the server keep going in its current state. Too many people were turned away by our initial issues and lack of content. We argued and debated about relaunching for several days. The entire team is on board to work on the shard and eventually relaunch when we're satisfied we have an amazingly coded, fun, entertaining shard to offer.

I would love to see a prosperous RP community. I strongly feel there is no community without a stable orc clan to be the common enemy. There were a lot of things said that we weren't able to follow up on, mostly due to being rushed and priorities taking precedence.

Once the live server goes down, I will be organizing the testers and getting everything sorted out. I'd like to invite you guys to join us for testing. You guys don't have to be active feature testers, but I would like to see Bloodclan active on the forums to give input and feedback. We have a lot of things planned to change. This is a perfect opportunity to get your voices heard while we are in the rebuilding phase.

You guys know how to reach me if you have questions.

No worries Rel, you guys did an awesome job and there is definitely a void to be filled for additional uo options.

Take your time, build some momentum and we will help contribute as well.

If you want us back on UOAC you need to increase skill gain for non-crafting skills. It was just to brutal going from 90-100 per weapon skill, most of us having a melee and archery. I'll be honest too, we afk macroed in dungeons hardcore too just to gm that stuff in 2-3 weeks. We lost a lot of members who just got burnt out just trying to turn out an orc to have fun. Yog said it best when he described skill points as fun points, and the less you have the less fun you can have.

We put in a TON of work getting established, and the thought of doing that grueling experience again isn't very appealing. Especially without Burz or Yog who did the most for us (The three of us pulling late nights to farm gold for Rockhut and Stone), and I won't be able to put much time in due to work.

Also that whole timer for reds to use gate was disasterous for us.

I'd like to see more overworld spawns too, It was really stale only being able to find pvp in dungeons or militias. Maybe try to do something to encourage pvp hot spots as well. Maybe have duel pits out in the world.

The Yew area needs to be eventful, decorated, and managed by a seer to support an RP area.

I've always wanted to impact an RP community with my vision, like so many council members have had the opportunity of doing on other shards. If I could apply for a Seer position(or hiring process) I would devote a lot of time to help build the RP community.

AAAAAoooooooAahhhhh! Ug der meeb brudrz! Leb meeb gruk whyn lat ull gruk werr lat am moobn tu!

Right now we're going to mess around on UO: Renaissance, but when UOAC comes back I think we might be giving that another shot.

Uke. Guth blah tu de greet howlur spydr un em tak guth der suun. *nods to himself*

Huw wakee am lat der?
    Last edited by guthakug; 07-26-2014 at 07:58 PM.

GrKig and I have been playing everyday, we're all skilling up still.

+ Reply to Thread