+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mounts allowed?

Mounts allowed?

I've checked your rules, it isn't mentionned.
    Someone in SC mentionned that you sometimes use mounts, I was curious what's the official rule about it.
    If we merge both clans for IPY3, I think it's the only rule that really differs between the 2 clans.
    Also, I guess hiding isn't a requirement? I find it logical since we're far gone from the period of before Catskills where orcs were killed by one lightning bolt although it is practical for ambushes but *shrugs*, anyway orcs aren't supposed to be a really sneaky race.

Im looking forward to IPY3. Btw, can someone point me the direction to the guidelines of how to download UO and step by step to run it to IPY? Been years.

Btw, hi guys, I played for a few months with you years ago, I think my orc was named Xug. I think it was on Angel Island? Anyway.

Ug! Mounts were sort of a trial thing we implemented for UOForever. The staff hard hard ons for mounted pvp over there and the eradication of the bola made it really impossible to not use mounts. Don't worry though. IPY3 is a no mount shard. As far as I know, hiding is still a required skill and always has been.

As far as downloading the IPY info, Az is making a new downloader that will be all inclusive for the shard. It will be out before launch with ample time to download it and get it in place.

Orcs dont ride mounts. No bullshit reason is better than the other. I will always vote for no mounts.

good to see ipy has no mounts

also we dont require 100 hiding to join the clan but it is required to be able to hide before you can raid with us (reliably, not necessarily GM). Alot of orcs spend their first few days learning how to hide. Most of our combat tactics rely on ambushes, traps, and other sneak attacks so its a core skill for our Melee Orcs. Also archery is highly encouraged for new members.
    Last edited by Nok'Tor; 01-06-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Nok'Tor De Mytee, Fizt Ub De Wargod

http://www.bloodclanorks.com/wiki/Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    Mak'rz are the only orcs that may use mounts (only beetles, ostards, and wolves).
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

The official rule is no mounts but we may open exceptions on some shards like UOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel'Tak View Post
    Don't worry though. IPY3 is a no mount shard.
    Wow very nice! The more I hear about this server, the more i'm impressed. Is the skill and fighting system similar to the Siege Perilous era?

My orc name was Xog, and it'll probably be my first orc i'll play. Apparently IPY3 launch date has been pushed to jan 31
    At least it gives us time to organise both clans and figure out what we do.

+ Reply to Thread