+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new shard, no mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
    So have any of you had a chance to try it out?

I know the Yew Militia seems to be moving our way, quite a few of them started up recently and seem to be enjoying it quite a bit.
    Ehh the PEWBIEZ!! Anyway...I did log on a few days ago and ran around the Orc fort for a few. It is just like the original with some actual shardie spawn. The housing spaces in that area are completely open. To go a bit further I logged on today and ran around...A few things that were really nice...I liked the duel pit area outside of Brit., no mounts, the server seems stable and smooth and my connection to it is nice. \

It is very empty, there are a few prime spots taken...one by Boulderfist which almost touches Yew moongate, the two houses there including the Boulderfist one were somewhat worn though. Big house spots are there for the taking and you can get a prime spot as well. I mean really you could drop a house the same screen as Yew gate. Hmm I only saw two players outside of town, on at a vendor in Brit and then the other was in his house out of Yew bank. I did see a Pewbie or two in Brit. Umm, apparently they did some handouts for the holidays...I hate hand outs, mostly because of Hybrid. They have a donation store that sells a few things but no skill or gold is sold through there which is nice.

The forum is nice, although mostly empty. It has a decent feel to it though so the chance for community is there.Did not seem to be a ton of ass bags like on other servers that we wont mention. Yew (Kachina) had a post as did Kraton from UND. Boulderfist has all the hate against them as per the usual. Although the only one I recognized was Kilgu, which he is a cool guy. Other RP is almost non existant with just a very tiny pirate guild. Skunkworks has a presense on the server, not that I care...but they were a large guild on Rel Por.

Umm, I cannot speak about skill gain or anything else because well I wasnt going to spend the time to farm up stuff to work a toon for this little blurb. I was planning on attacking someone outside of town just to see the reaction but there was no one there to attack really.

Glad you got a chance to log in and check it out.

Yes, there are many house spots open. The server is very new (about 5 weeks) so it's not going to be filled up yet. There are a few "prime" locations available, but the Yew Moongate doesn't appear to be a big hotspot here, the Britain Moongate area however is very full. I think a few players got some nice vendor spots then moved on to trying to get large houses in desirable locations. Or just chose to locate their guild areas someplace else like the Orcs did when they left the Orc Fort and moved to their "traditional" home in the Trinsic Jungle.

Your best bet for finding players will be in dungeons and in towns training or fighting faction battles. There are a lot of players that are still concentrating on skilling up and most seem to prefer to do that in their houses or in town, even with the dungeon skill gain bonus for combat skills. We do see more pvp and action almost daily, and have had a recent influx of players over the last two weeks or so. I suspect that as the population continues to grow we will see even more activity outside of town in dungeons and farming hotspots.

And yes, we did do some "handouts" of candy and Easter Eggs, a little different than the neon flavor-of-the-month colored clothing that Hybrid tends to hand out regularly

/bump

UO:Immortalis is slated to release 1 skill/stat ball per IP very soon (26th I think). Not sure how anyone feels about playing here, but you'd get 1 free 7x. YEW is there, and a new RP guild based out of Minoc. Boulderfizt seems to have fizzled out, at least for the time being...

There is a test center open, from what I gather, same login info but port 2599.

Server Rules & Information

Hope everyone's doing well!
    Last edited by Wubd'jub; 04-25-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Kachina demands you Orcs play this server! Especially you, Aya, no excuses.

Wubd!!! KACHINGA!!!...I started macroing a human there the other day lol...I really think the shard seems decent. perhaps I will mess around there soon.

Might be a good server to restart my uo days post prison time. When I get home from my trip and get my PC/net worked out ill check it out.

Well Sed I will see what I can do about getting us a hut and a stone up and running.

Sweet man! Not sure how long it will take to get a PC and net. But if I know me, and I do, I will figure it out. It just sounds fun ti start over fresh. I have more than 15what 7x chars on hybrid. Ready to start from the beginning again

KACHINGA is willing to help you farm for said house and stone.

Getting excited now. My mind tells me to go back to hybrid but my heart says restart somewhere new. This going to be fun

+ Reply to Thread