+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: DarkFall Unholy Wars

DarkFall Unholy Wars

http://www.darkfallonline.com/

Grish and lug got me hooked on this

would like to see some of u guys try it out too, if we had a branch there that would be awesome

its full loot pvp you siege and run towns, theres PVE and crafting as well, a few different classes and skill setup is nice you got radial wheels you can use so its easy to switch skills with a click of the mouse

Hasn't this been in perma beta for awhile?

hehe i guess so, ppl complain about it taking too long to develop but i find the beta fun

But how's that beta working?

Is it online all the time?

ya the server hasnt crashed or anything since ive played...

been looking at the forums and hearing ppl chat ingame... seems like a lot of ppl are pissed that AV is not working hard enough to fix bugs or implement new features like the class primalist. they added wobble or something to archery so theres luck involved in whether youll hit a target or not, ppl argue about this and that all day.

otherwise I definitely think it has potential, but i think its best to wait in the mean time for the game to actually be released... maybe by then, things will run smoother

who are yall playing as?

i made a orc named tipsur krogan...i played all three roles and atm i think warrior is best

how similar is it to orginal darkfall?

I never played original so i couldnt give a good opinion... but some people i talked too thought that it wasn't as good as the original..

Lug and I joined Lords of Death very active guild so there is always something to do they do quite a bit of sieges and in DF1 pretty much ruled the seas. Quite a bit has changed from DF1 instead of the everlong grind of skilling each skill up individually now every action in game you do such as harvesting, killing mobs, crafting items, etc etc award you with "Prowess points" You then use those prowess points to increase your stats, skills, purchase new skills and so on. There are feats that u can complete that offer much more prowess than you would get by simply running off and killing a mob here and then running somewhere else killing another such as "Kill 150 Ogre Bullies" theres pretty much feats for everything in game "Harvest 3k Stone, Ore, Wood, Cotton" "Craft so many items" so on and so forth. Not all of the features are in the game atm and its running in debug mode so how the game will be on release day could be much different than how it is now so i can't really say it is actually better or worse than DF1. There were quite a lot of things from DF1 that seem better than they do on the new DF such as the map is smaller which could be good or bad depending how u feel about that. There are safe zones in the game now where people cannot be attacked and harassed like they were in DF1 again could be good or bad depending how u feel about that sort of thing. I'm not sure if these "safe zones" will be in the released game or not. IMO I hope they are not.

The only real downside of the beta atm is the wipes and there is no Prowess reset so u cannot change your mind and refund your points to put them into another skill. And the wipes mean u must start all over again at some point which keeps a lot of people from wanting to play atm because who wants to do all that work then start over again would be much better if they simply reset all your prowess and let u go from where u left off. but that wouldnt really be helping them test out new features that are added upon every wipe. This also means that clans that actually own cities do not build up their cities atm because it takes quite a bit of work and effort to have a completed city just for some guilds to team up against u and catch u at off times and take your city leaving you with nothing for all your hardwork.

All in all though its a fun game i'm still playing it and have been since it hit beta status. There is still no word on release atm but is still a fun game and much more fun in a bigger active clan instead of how we did in DF1 trying to keep Bloodclan kicking with just a small handfull of members.

P.S. it costs 50 for the game and 15 bucks subscription but the subscription does not kick in till release so beta is free to play once u purchase the game. My name in game is Grish Lod if anyone plays and wants to add me as friend.

+ Reply to Thread