+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vanilla Wow Private Server.

Vanilla Wow Private Server.

Ug der ebriash,

I know I have not been playing with yall or said anything on the forums, but i thought i would stop by and let everyone that would be interested in playing a free private vanilla wow server. Not trying to step on anyone's toes or steal orcs away from UO. I am not roleplaying on this server and just play during my free time. They are doing a one time event where you are able to get insta 35. The server has been going strong since august, they just need a bigger population. The quote at the end is from the Admin that runs the server. He explains how the insta 35 is going to happen. And its this weekend only trying to spread the word.

http://www.therebirth.net/

Vanilla [1.12.1] • Mac playable • Bliz-Like • Fast Bug Fixes • 1x Rates (Classic Leveling) • Working Instances • Working Battlegrounds • Friendly GM support staff • GM Events • No Donator Gear • No Instant Levels • Everyone levels 1-60 • PvP Server • Pure Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by freakyuno
    Ok, so I've put a LOT of thought into this, and unfortunatly I'm in a lose / lose situation. I dont have a choice at this point that makes everyone happy. Even making no decision isn't an option in this case, as that probably bothers the most people. So what I'm left with, is having to consider the overall server, it's health (which includes player morale), and make a decision on what's best for the server itself, ignoring individual pleas, circumstances, or arguments.

To best satisfy the best of both worlds, we WILL be offering a bonus to rebirth players, new and old. The overall impact is, we can soften the start for anyone transitioning from an old server to the Rebirth.

I've never been one to favor any bonus that benefited new players, more than loyal existing players, so in the interest of keeping everything fair and giving everyone the same oportunity, the bonus is designed to allow ALL players to benefit from it, not just new players.

The bonus will include 2 parts:
    1.) Part 1: Saturday the 19th and Sunday the 20th
    - We will be offering a 1 time level boost, during ONLY these two days. You may boost ANY character between level 1, and 34 to level 35. You will receive all your skills up to level 35, and will recieve an adequate set of green equipment acceptable to a level 35 character of your class and spec.

2.) Part 2: Saturday the 19th through Saturday the 26th
    - We will enable double XP for kill credit and quests. If you are level 60, we will be awarding double the monitary reward that normally would have been converted for the quest.
    - You will have the option of disabling the double XP for kill and quest credit using an in game command, the monitary benefit at 60 you will not be able to disable, but I doubt anyone cares.

This is designed to bring some new players into the fold, and up our population, without creating an too large an overall disparity between the work existing players put in, compared to the work new players will need to put in. Keep in mind, existing players can roll and alt and receive the boost as well, or have their main boosted if you're below level 35.

Overall, I understand some of you will be less than happy about any amount of making it "easier". Some of you will be vocal about it too, but I assure you, that as these players invest in the server post boost, make friends, join guilds and start raiding, the overall server health, auction house health, raiding health, battleground health, will greatly increase.

If you have any questions, or want to suggest changes to the proposed plan, please feel free. This is an open forum, and I've always maintained transparency in my decisions, especially those that had the oportunity to affect a large player base. Lets get the comments going!
    Last edited by Mur'gugl; 05-19-2012 at 01:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread