+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why bloodclan hasnt established on IPY2

Why bloodclan hasnt established on IPY2

Hello guys,

I'm a former BC and Yew member, know on ipy as Alfie and on hybrid i was Soognimod from black rock clan.

I'm here on behalf of all the people missing BC on IPY2.
    In the past three years all my uo experience has been related to Orc or Yew
    I have been on both sides of the battlefield and i really loved it
    Most of the action i've seen was on hybrid and i know that you guys are still there.

Like everyone still on ipy2, i think it's the last good shot at uo
    There will be a new launch - not sure about a reset, Az says no but we never know.
    The objective of this post is to judge wether is the lack of players interested on rp-orcs on uo nowadays OR
    the lack of structure and red support of ipy that makes it hard for orcs to stablish there.

There will be a big patch coming this year, it is still on the making and things can be added and reconsidered.
    It's the best time to try to solve issues that may be preventing BC on ipy
    Im sure there a lot of reasons and i would like to hear it from you.
    Az is not a very hard-to-reach guy and like Ryan on UOG, would be pleased to help BC establish a good RP home for the orcs on ipy.I mean, which shard wouldn't want some ing badass rp'er orcs,

One of the solutions i thought, would be to make the orc fort and imediate surroundings including the 'clearing'
    a 'everybody's grey' area. That way, orcs wouldnt necessarily need to be red to defend the fort, and a grey orc name wouldnt be so bad, would even blend the orcs even more with their npcbrothers.

I wanted you guys to know that Yew and IPY misses you

Alfie/Soog

I am surpised no one answered this post at all.

Thanks for taking the time to make the post Soog.

First let me say that as many old IPY players know and Az might as well BC really established itself on IPY(classic?) back all those years ago. Its where I met Glub and really learned what it was I was craving for in UO that I was missing in the normal play of the game and thats a themed structure I could relate with and have fun with with other players. Back then it was a much more structured BC with Chief (glub) and all us peons hehe. I remember and still have pics to this day of all our fun in the clearing, raiding and the like on IPY and that is why when IPY2 came out I spent a solid 2 weeks on that shard trying to establish myself with our fellow orcs to help bring back a sense of all that.

Unfortunately as you might have surmised and what ultimately killed it for me and several other BC members was IPY2 was just too red unfriendly. I can accept and appreciate the idea of a everyones grey area around the fort but the reality is BC and orcs are blood thirsty murdering savages and while it would be nice to be able to attack everyone around our home territory( like I would do anyways), what really makes for a lot of fun and is a core structure to our RP is our raids. We dont mind losing etc etc but I have heard a lot of the changes and classes and how much worse it has gotten for reds on IPY2 and the exploits for people to really handicap and discourage reds and the honest truth is while those type of systems are in place IPY2 just wont be red friendly enough to really warrant the time and effort it takes to make decent orcs and establish ourselves on that shard. I imagine what would happen if your proposed change went into effect everyone and their mother would try to set up shop on our lands to take advantage of the all is grey area at the very least and we would still be dealing with the normal issues reds would face because in my honest opinion an orc that isnt a red murdering bastard is just a makr. I hope some of that feedback helps and you pass it along to Az although I do not think that he will be able to effect the changes needed to fully balance out the red handicap enough to make it fair enough to lure large groups of reds (rper or otherwise) to the shard and to me when I play an orc or my oomies reds are an essential part of the eco system. Thats why when I do find time to play I chose uogamers with all its l33t pvpers and neon eye sores, at least there I can knock some heads in and find enough people willing to take the sharp end of my spear in the eye.
    HOOOWAAAAH HOWLURZ!!

And on da H muun da Bluudgod blah...Led der be Howlurz!
    http://www.bloodclanorks.com/wiki/Main_Page

+ Reply to Thread