PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions? What are you guys playing or excited to soon play.

Aya'Stigi
06-09-2017, 07:13 AM
So, we need some suggestions. Preferably, games that are going to be released, MMOs of course. This is no way intended to take away from the efforts we need to put forth into UO. We do need to branch and check new games out to grow and stay relevant. Suggest something and link it so everyone can review and let us talk about it.

Nok'Tor
06-10-2017, 03:45 AM
GTA 5 - this would be just a straight up fun game to play together.
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/
Pros:
I already have a clan setup (with T'sogg) and we have been playing for a few years already.
there is a ton of shit to do that will keep our interests for a long while.
Huge player base.
Integrated Voip chat so we wouldn't have to download any new programs.
Already tied to steam
All DLC are free

Cons:
Still full price for some reason
3yr old game so who knows how long these updates will keep coming (at least into the next year)
Modders
Multiplayer but not an mmo
Need a decent Computer to run it.

Darkfall - T'Sogg has been trying to get me to play this for a min now.
Apparently the IP was acquired by fans of the game the polished up the mechanics a bit. From what I hear its basically UO with better graphics.
https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/
Pros:
Open world PVP
Full Loot
Skill based
Player driven economy
Traditional MMO

Cons:
Monthly sub
learning curve
need a decent computer to run it
Needs Discord (or alternative) to communicate

Nok'Tor
06-27-2017, 10:05 AM
GTA5 is on sale for 29.99 right now. All DLCs are free btw.

Nok'Tor
06-29-2017, 01:45 PM
So about 4 years back a few of us signed up for the kickstarter to this game called Shroud of the avatar. I havent really seen much about it. to be honest i sort of forgot about it untill a few months back. anyhow it looks like they are launching early access for backers today the email i used was still registered so i got a download going. again I dont know much about this game but here is a link to the website. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385

Grognak
07-17-2017, 03:19 AM
I bought into Shards Online (now Legends of Aria) a while back and I played the most recent alpha... it's essentially a 1 to 1 UO remake in 3D, right down to the isometric view. It needs a lot more content added, but the bones of the game are solid and I was very impressed.

Nok'Tor
07-24-2017, 05:28 PM
I was looking into Aria just a few days ago. looks and sounds awesome but I always have issues with playing games in beta. they always seem to lose steam and fizzle out. Hopefully this will not be the case here.

Nok'Tor
10-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Recently picket up Legends of Aria and have been playing with T'sogg. it very much feels like UO in alot of aspects. Its very nostalgic and takes me back to the old uo days while still being new enough to hold my interest. almost all aspects of gameplay mimic UO, there is full loot, open pvp, housing, craftables, guilds and other things that all call back to UO. deff worth looking into as a future branch.

Grognak
10-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Told you! Yeah my first couple hours playing Aria I felt like I was 11 years old in 1997 again. It really is UO reborn.

Nok'Tor
10-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Linked up with UDL and have been playing Legends of Aria with them for the past week or two. We just finished up most of our toons and have placed several houses. PvP is exciting and engaging. there is hiding and stealth as well. Most combat is done on foot because when you use special moves it will dump you off your mount which means out playstyle is viable.

Im usually logged into discord (Dregoth) whenever im home so you can get a hold of me. I would love to see some of you join up and check it out. i really feel like this could be our new home game.

Grog you gotta send me your info. We all moved to the Trievon shard as the official shard will be reset soon.

Aya'Stigi
10-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Can you build skills up AFK? Is the character building very time consuming?

Nok'Tor
10-26-2017, 05:51 PM
We had our fist "big" PvP event today. check it out here https://go.twitch.tv/videos/185097239

It was a shit ton of fun and really brought back some of that good ol PvP rush I haven't felt is a long time. Lot of ring rust and some technical issues but by the end of it things were in hand and we were all having a fucking blast. check out our unconventional "Battle Gate" for some high quality laughs hahah. This is me (Dregoth), T'Sogg (Syrric), and some friends from another guild LoD (Obs, Vulgr).

*edit
the start of the vid dosnt have any pvp so you probably want to skip over it.
Also this is from our opponents twitch stream so the fight is from their PoV.

Nok'Tor
10-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Can you build skills up AFK? Is the character building very time consuming?

Skill gain is fast for all combat skills. AFK macroing is frowned upon. the shard restarts every hour so its hard to afk macro anyway. However there is an automatic retry feature that helps alot. Basically if you say attempt to chop wood you click on the tree once and you will attempt to chop that tree over and over until the tree is out of wood or you stop the action. every attempt can gain you skill.

Now that we are setup with a house and understand it better getting to the 90's with help from us could be done in a few hours.
Crafter skills are a bit slower however some changes were put in recently that addressed gains so this could be much better now.

Grognak
11-01-2017, 02:35 AM
The shard is still restarting every hour? Damn. I'm not actively playing it, I'm waiting for release.