PDA

View Full Version : UO Renaissance and it's RP supporting systems

Xugagug
07-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Hello,

I've been talking to Chris, which is the owner of UO Renaissance, and he was telling me about the shard features that support RP.

Firstly, I'd like to talk a little bit about the shard.

UO Renaissance started basically at UO:R era, and is improving from there. Like going on a different direction than OSI servers went, in a good way, obviously.

Apart from all the good features you can find in here:
http://www.uorenaissance.com/whyUOR
http://www.uorenaissance.com/testimonials

Now, UO Renaissance is a Stat Loss and Mount server, yes, it is. BUT, they have specific systems that change that to work with RP guilds and such.

Some of the cool ALREADY EXISTING RP features in UOR:

1- Ability to Ally with NPC Alliances (Currently existing: Orcs, Undead and Pirates):
We could ally our guild with the NPC orcs, that way the shardies will not attack us (and we also cannot attack them), we would also have access to the orange zones (will talk about them later). This will also allow us to organize town invasions (along with the staff).

2- Orange Zones
The Orc orange zone will be our home, anyone that enters will be orange to us and we will be orange to them....no stat loss! When a town invasion is going on, that town will become an orange zone.

Planned Features:

1- Allow Bolas or Disallow mounts on Orange Zones

Telamon (Chris) is really open to suggestions and feedback and is really interested in turning this shard into the best place for RPers considering the world balance, since this is not an RP-only shard.

Well thats about it.

Qig'dak
07-29-2014, 01:17 AM
sounds fun. Is this where we are going? If so ill start a character

Aya'Stigi
07-29-2014, 11:37 PM
Qig, a few of us have started on UOR. For now I think this is it.

Tip'Sur
07-30-2014, 05:00 AM
wow glad to hear they are willing to work with rpers with orange zones and such.......... great :)

Xugagug
07-30-2014, 10:44 AM
I also am taking all and any suggestions regarding the shard and specially the RP support systems.

Anything you guys think should exist in the shard and any feedback you have, please send them to me.

Muguk
07-30-2014, 11:50 PM
I have good news and bad news. The good news is I FINALLY was able to get UO to download on my computer after fighting with it since Nov 2013. The bad news is I am functioning without razor since I cannot seem to get that to load. I created Muguk on UO Ren but I will be on a very slow limited capacity for training since I cant macro anything to train up skills so I will be doing it the hard way.

guthakug
08-01-2014, 03:40 PM
i think bolas would be better in the orange zones than no mounts. it would be quicker to implement than the later. plus it will give more economy for the whole shard and it is more authentic as we ARE orcs. swinging around bolas and derping oomies. klomp dem and dem gib uz fuud! Hosh hosh. I miss har'drak for that lol...

Gr'Kig
08-03-2014, 03:52 AM
Not to mention if oomies can't ride food the bitchery will split the clouds.

Gnoth
08-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Fighting ommies that are mounted is far more rewarding, and I think easier. They get cocky and arrogant and fall into our traps. Fighting foot to foot usually means chasing them for 30 minutes lol.

Vlek
08-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Fighting ommies that are mounted is far more rewarding, and I think easier. They get cocky and arrogant and fall into our traps. Fighting foot to foot usually means chasing them for 30 minutes lol.
Completely agree. Mounts aren't the issue, it's statloss. If we argue our case well, I believe we stand a decent chance to be considered free from having to deal with that. Especially in the case where they want us to invade towns. We'd be dying trying to complete an objective only to lose tons of skill points that then have to be grinded back up to be even slightly useful again.

This is how I would argue my case:

The point of the statloss system is to give wreckless, griefing PvP'ers a punishment that will inhibit them from playing to give new, non-pvping players some respite from them. We're murderers, yes, but we're not griefers by any means. We seek to have fun combat for both sides, trying to foster pvp, rp, and fun with rp and non rp characters. It would be unfair to hold us to the same statloss system as mounted, mage griefers and other pk's because we operate very differently. Instead of being mages, we mainly play warriors who must use tactics and, largely, team work in order to be dangerous. We are not outfitted in the greatest gear, either. In many instances, the best equipped character may have a might or power weapon and exceptional leather armor with a little south of 100 bandages. Is it fair when one of these murderous RP orc characters, who don't use mounts for any reason, are killed they suffer statloss when they do not pose a serious threat to anyone in open terrain? In our quest to be a fun enemy, we challenge ourselves, we anticipate dying, and we wish to get back up and continue fighting for the bloodgod. With statloss, it is impossible for our non-abusive play style to be anything but tediously annoying.

Vlek
08-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I had a chance to talk to Gr'Kig about statloss, and he said
itll definately allow us to thrive, thing is if the overall population finds out, and they always find out about everything, then they could cry foul/favoritism etc

It's a great argument, so this is how I would argue against it:

In order for it to be favoritism, it would have to be an unfair advantage that is secured for a single group that excludes others. The reason that we would be exempt is because it is unfair, due to our playstyle, to impose statloss on us. Anyone is allowed to join the bloodclan, follow our rules, and be able to receive the same benefits. If they don't like our RP story, then, if they want to start their own murderous rp guild, they can do so and apply for the same benefits exactly the same as we did.

Gnoth
08-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Not this again. I don't want us to be sniveling to admins that we deserve special snowflake status cause we pk people on foot instead of mountback. You've already hounded enough shard admins and players with this arguement of yours, and it really hurts our image.

You must have not actually read the thread either because they have orange zones were we'd be flagged orange to everyone who enters and they to us, including town invasions.

Vlek
08-08-2014, 01:15 AM
You must have not actually read the thread either because they have orange zones...

Let me stop you there. Unless all of Sosaria is an orange zone, that doesn't make up for it. They'd have to make all of our usual raid haunts orange zones, too... That's not a bad idea, actually. Yeah, lets ask for that instead. Raid spots = Orange zones. Brit graveyard, yew hills, etc, etc.

Xugagug
08-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Telamon already told me he can setup timed orange zones at our raid spots so we can raid. He could setup a 2-hour orange zone at Britain GY for example.

Let's just stop whining and start playing the game and giving him feedback.

And another thing, just forget about no statloss for Orc's, that won't happen.

Aya'Stigi
08-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Stat loss is a small annoyance...but, if that is the cost for slaying filthy humans...I will pay...

Kurg'Grat
08-09-2014, 01:53 PM
And another thing, just forget about no statloss for Orc's, that won't happen.

it hasnt happened in how many years? over a decade, id say we should let that one rest. The orange zones are the closest thing we have ever come. I would tell Telamon 5 of our favorite raid spots and somehow make it to where we could manually set those zones to orage for raiding purposes so that we do not have to bug them each time.

Ie a special stone only leaders know of that can be activated once a day or every other day etc that would effectively turn a zone into an orange zone for a short duration. (say 30-60 minutes)

That way it has a timer that we can implement, set up raids, has a duration so we cant camp it all night and then if we get great fighting when we retreat to our territory that is already orange so anyone who follows would be flagged.

Bolas are definitely the way to go to fight mounts. I love them, i love mounts, i love gnoths point about how it makes oomies cocky and how much fighting non mounted oomies is not as fun cause they are more chicken.

Muguk
08-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I like the orange areas and being aligned with the shardee orcs really gives us some numbers and advantage in the fort areas to take on stonger full plate wearing, mounted oomies.