PDA

View Full Version : I miss UO...

Aya'Stigi
07-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Once a junkie always a junkie...

So UOAC is going belly up.
UOSA is dead now. (which I thought was a pretty cool server)
UOF still have a bad taste.
Hybrid...dont think that is an option, I have lost everything 3 -5 times and I hate the purple potions and the lack of economy. It is dead as well.
I looked at JoinUO.
UO Renaissance seems to have a big player base...
World of Sosaria has a HUGE player base compared to what we are used to (1100 people) but it is Russian...

So I dont know where to get my fix...Hell, even if I do light pvp and some treasure hunting that might cure my UO thirst...

Gr'Kig
07-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Aya..... Can you imagine the havoc we could create if we made orcs on a Russian server? Speaking orcish to Russians!! LMAO!

Zak
07-21-2014, 11:31 PM
I bet russians SUCK at pvp, and it would be a fresh take on the game, orcs shouldn't speak with humans anyhow. I also highly doubt russians know our tactics, the russian server actually sounds appealing...hmm

Kurg'Grat
07-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Haha! Comrade Kurg'Grat! Yub'Da

Aya'Stigi
07-22-2014, 12:07 AM
GrKig and I are trying to load it. I will report back once we figure it out. Might be fun.

Zak
07-22-2014, 12:10 AM
I got an account registered, just ran to the fort in Felucia, there's not really a trammel i think it's just a newbie training area. It's AOS and more i think

Xugagug
07-22-2014, 12:13 AM
It's Turkish and AoS :P

AoS :(

Zak
07-22-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm unfamiliar with anything beyond UO:R. Kind of disappointed it's AoS.

Zak
07-22-2014, 12:27 AM
That UO: Renaissance server looks promising, very clean version of UO. Shadowclan has 3 huts at the fort, an oomie has a castle in the clearing.

Aya'Stigi
07-22-2014, 12:29 AM
AoS? What does that entail? I can never keep track?

Aya'Stigi
07-22-2014, 12:30 AM
Oh and UO Ren. I believe Bloodrock are on there heavily.

Qig'dak
07-22-2014, 12:37 AM
ill play anywhere if we picked a server

Gnoth
07-22-2014, 02:12 AM
The whole UOAC situation it just shit, after all the hard work we put into it, and I had been restocking us to be prepared for when activity picks back up. So all of that down the drain. I just don't have it in me to restart there and go through the terrible skill gain process again. We were super rich too but without Burz or Yog around no way we could recreate our wealth. I just don't see UOAC doing well after this wipe, I think the pop has already been quite low for a while too. After IPY2, and UOAC1, why do this for a third time when the result is probably going to be the same as the last two shards.

I think I checked out UO Ren before, and I think it's a no bola shard like UOF. It's just a shame but Hybrid is the only place we ever really fit in, but there's no substance to the shard.

Gr'Kig
07-22-2014, 04:40 AM
Yah, the skill gain is so damned slow on uoac, no call for it in this day and age imo, except for crafting skills of course. But to work a combat char for a month or so and still not be 7x....

Zak
07-22-2014, 05:16 AM
I'm fairly certain UO:R has bolas, that's the era they were introduced, I.E when Orc Scouts(which are at the fort), and Savages were introduced to UO, it's one thing I vividly remember about OSI. I'll read up on the website though.

Edit: Just read up on it, apparently the admins want to code it so that bolas are faction items, I think we would be ok without bolas. It's all about paralyzing blows, archery, macing, boxes, orc tactics. I never really used bolas throughout my orc career on Hybrid.

Zak
07-22-2014, 05:23 AM
UO: Renaissance definitely looks the most promising. I'm going to start skilling an orc there.

Gnoth
07-22-2014, 10:35 AM
We definitely felt the sting of no bolas on UOF, the nature of our pvp options has been changing a lot these past few years, and we have been getting embroiled into a lot of field fights.

We even allowed mounts on UOF near the end

Aya'Stigi
07-22-2014, 11:22 AM
The one problem with uo ren. That might effect us is that they have no mount fatigue. Oh, and I realized I am almost as bad at mojo as I am at dexing. :p

Gr'Kig
07-22-2014, 06:34 PM
UO: Ren..... Ummmmm wtf alarm.

I made my standard first char (Gr'Gubbug) only to discover to my horror that if you hide you cannot dbl click a shovel for 10 seconds, also there is a 1 second delay inbetween digs, hiding and mining go hand in hand, couple that 10 second delay with the dig delay and use your imagination as to what I said to the computer screen. Lets just say the thing has lost its innocence and leave it at that...

This angry, and it only took 30 mins, does not bode well for me.

Mojos and combat types should check for unusual delays in regards to your skills, something tells me there are other shitty surprises to be found.

I do not get a warm fuzzy with UO: Ren

EDIT:

ALSO from the faq...

runebooks are not blessed. They will drop to your corpse if you happen to die with one on your person. However, runebooks may be blessed via the platinum system for a price of 250 platinum. In order to bless a runebook using platinum you must page a member of the staff team & have them bless it for you.

•What type of murder system is in place? Are there short & long term counts? Is there stat-loss for reds?

The short & long term murder counts are in effect on Renaissance. Murderers who resurrect with 5 or greater short-term murder counts will receive stat-loss. The amount of skills & stats lost upon resurrection is scaled to the amount of short-term murders the player has. The maximum amount of stat-loss that can occur is 15%. Murderer stat-loss is permanent.

•How long does it take for murder counts to decay? Do they decay while i'm logged off?

Short-term murder counts decay in 8 hours. Long-term murder counts decay in 40 hours. Murder counts only decay while the character is logged into the game-world.

I have made a couple chars and am working hide but no other skills at the moment.

Zak
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Statloss is pretty discouraging too bad UOGamers: Revelation fell apart, that was a great server in the beginning.

Fuck going back to Hybrid...grrr

Muzgash
07-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't think I'll ever be able to get over my UO itch lol.

Honestly, "population" with the ability to pk is key to any successful UO shard. I think we all wanted to see UOAC work. The team there was awesome at what they were able to do in such short notice. Az quit, not enough advertising time and they were still in the development phase. Whatever they do going forward is going to be a success. I just hope it's not another ipy grind style shard. ;)

The masses seem to be split between UOF and UOG lately. Either shard could probably take over as number 1 with just a few changes. Hybrid should honestly wipe and give donors pixal crack, UOF should add bolas and scale back statloss a tiny bit.

I have been able to pk newbies in the black smith shop next to our tower daily. Maybe we can pk til we die there and then play on hybrid mostly until a new shard comes out?

I'm game for any shard that has a decent size population of 300+ and daily activity (real activity not 10 clients bank sitting). Just pick one and I'll follow, I honestly do think you all should try raiding with us in the black smith shop on UOF. It's so much easier to defend since the gm's nerfed a lot of the pvp machines. Maybe we could play til we die on there and then log on UOG?

PS: I like the sound of this russian populated shard too. :)

Gr'Kig
07-24-2014, 06:13 AM
It's a Turkish shard, which would'nt be so bad except it is Age of Shit..... Who the hell would make let alone play on an AoS server???... *puke*

Rel'Tak
07-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Closing up shop like this was a difficult decision on our end. Honestly, Muzgash hit it on the head. There were a lot of short notice stuff that happened at launch that lead to a bunch of problems for us in the long run. We've fixed a lot of our problems now that were present at launch, but it's far too late to let the server keep going in its current state. Too many people were turned away by our initial issues and lack of content. We argued and debated about relaunching for several days. The entire team is on board to work on the shard and eventually relaunch when we're satisfied we have an amazingly coded, fun, entertaining shard to offer.

I would love to see a prosperous RP community. I strongly feel there is no community without a stable orc clan to be the common enemy. There were a lot of things said that we weren't able to follow up on, mostly due to being rushed and priorities taking precedence.

Once the live server goes down, I will be organizing the testers and getting everything sorted out. I'd like to invite you guys to join us for testing. You guys don't have to be active feature testers, but I would like to see Bloodclan active on the forums to give input and feedback. We have a lot of things planned to change. This is a perfect opportunity to get your voices heard while we are in the rebuilding phase.

You guys know how to reach me if you have questions.

Muzgash
07-25-2014, 03:52 PM
No worries Rel, you guys did an awesome job and there is definitely a void to be filled for additional uo options.

Take your time, build some momentum and we will help contribute as well.

Gnoth
07-26-2014, 04:06 AM
If you want us back on UOAC you need to increase skill gain for non-crafting skills. It was just to brutal going from 90-100 per weapon skill, most of us having a melee and archery. I'll be honest too, we afk macroed in dungeons hardcore too just to gm that stuff in 2-3 weeks. We lost a lot of members who just got burnt out just trying to turn out an orc to have fun. Yog said it best when he described skill points as fun points, and the less you have the less fun you can have.

We put in a TON of work getting established, and the thought of doing that grueling experience again isn't very appealing. Especially without Burz or Yog who did the most for us (The three of us pulling late nights to farm gold for Rockhut and Stone), and I won't be able to put much time in due to work.

Also that whole timer for reds to use gate was disasterous for us.

I'd like to see more overworld spawns too, It was really stale only being able to find pvp in dungeons or militias. Maybe try to do something to encourage pvp hot spots as well. Maybe have duel pits out in the world.

Zak
07-26-2014, 06:02 AM
The Yew area needs to be eventful, decorated, and managed by a seer to support an RP area.

I've always wanted to impact an RP community with my vision, like so many council members have had the opportunity of doing on other shards. If I could apply for a Seer position(or hiring process) I would devote a lot of time to help build the RP community.

guthakug
07-26-2014, 04:36 PM
AAAAAoooooooAahhhhh! Ug der meeb brudrz! Leb meeb gruk whyn lat ull gruk werr lat am moobn tu!

Zak
07-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Right now we're going to mess around on UO: Renaissance, but when UOAC comes back I think we might be giving that another shot.

guthakug
07-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Uke. Guth blah tu de greet howlur spydr un em tak guth der suun. *nods to himself*

Huw wakee am lat der?

Zak
07-28-2014, 01:04 AM
GrKig and I have been playing everyday, we're all skilling up still.

Xugagug
07-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Guys,

UORenaissance has lots of systems specific for RP guilds and a lot more planned. I'll work on a post about whats currently available and whats on schedule to be released.

Muzgash
07-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Should we start a forum ?

Zak
07-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah I think we should

Gnoth
07-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Enjoy yer forums ye dirty scoundrels