PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid chatter

Pa'Okie
06-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Some demand for old-school type RP and Orcs is brewing on Hybrid. I am steering them your way,
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/bringing-real-roleplaying-back-to-hybrid.477580/#post-3705950

Tak'Wug
06-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Now I wanna play UO hybrid :(

Fan'Naf
06-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Ug, I am the player looking to restart Bloodclan Orcs on Hybrid although I must admit I have never been a part of Bloodclan before and am a bit confused on some things. Some info on how to create orcs would be great. First, I read how to create an Orc on your Wiki page, my question is, how do you prevent NPC orcs from attacking RP orcs? Can RP orcs log in an out at an Orc Fort? Are the Bloodclan orcs like a normal guild? Would I need to aquire a guildhouse and guild stone? If a more advanced Bloodclan player has some answers that would be a great help. Also you can aim me at seahawksfannick .

Mur'gugl
06-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Ug, I am the player looking to restart Bloodclan Orcs on Hybrid although I must admit I have never been a part of Bloodclan before and am a bit confused on some things. Some info on how to create orcs would be great. First, I read how to create an Orc on your Wiki page, my question is, how do you prevent NPC orcs from attacking RP orcs? Can RP orcs log in an out at an Orc Fort? Are the Bloodclan orcs like a normal guild? Would I need to aquire a guildhouse and guild stone? If a more advanced Bloodclan player has some answers that would be a great help. Also you can aim me at seahawksfannick .

I think your best bet would to try to join the few members on IPY2 shard, with boulder fist clan. There are a few orcs running around on ipy2 unlike hybird.

You still get attacked by shardies (npc orcs) unless you have the green orc mask on.

Pa'Okie
06-04-2011, 10:53 PM
There are Hybrid players lining up to make orcs for BC. What is needed is somebody who can guild them and train them. I looked but could not find on this Wiki a list of names of BC leadership.

Fan'Naf
06-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I have found several Hybrid players who want to make Orcs as well, but as I lack experiance in being an Orc thus far, I not very well equiped to tell them how to do it. It would be good to find an Orc on Hybrid that has experaince, but if we could get the Bloodclan leadership/Elders involed that would be great! Pa'Okie, you are Two Wolves right? We need to meet in Hybrd to discuss the developing BC there. Let me know if you can meet and when.

Tak'Wug
06-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Well leadership right now is Xugagug, Kurg, Grish, Lug and Azock as far as I know... I could get on but I don't really wanna play on any server that GM's like Lynn and Mark are on...

Pa'Okie
06-06-2011, 03:46 AM
What is needed are BC orcs with Emissary or Guild house co-ownership who can guild the new players who are being recruited.

Fan'Naf
06-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Exactly, but I'm not sure if there are any in or willing to come to Hybrid. We may have to start this up ourselves, as I have been looking for nearly a week now and haven't found much. IF we could get that though, that would be much quicker and more effective.

Tak'Wug
06-06-2011, 11:13 AM
i'll get a WC member in here and then they can make a decision wheter or not to aid this project of yours.. Truth is most of is sick of UO and rping in that enviroment can be very annoying..

Pa'Okie
06-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Here is another thread started with the same topic. Return of Bloodclan Orcs.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/the-return-of-the-bloodclan-orcs.478004/#post-3708560
To be clear, it does not look like they are asking BC to move shards. This is a grass-roots movement that will net us new recruits if someone can take charge within the week.

Rulg Tak'Wug. If a WC member could address one of these threads on Hybrid, a lot of people would be very appreciative.

I am an Orc on Hybrid many years now. Still Pug, but if I can help in any way - then my time is yours. Just give me the order.

Undur'Mal
06-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I was a Bloodclan member on Hybrid way back when. I actually have another username on this forum but I can't for the life of me remember what it is or what the password would be. Same thing goes for my old Hybrid account with that character with my orc on it.

That said I'm currently playing Hybrid right now and I'd be more than willing to help out if needed. I only ever made it to Grunt but I remember the training process, the hazing, the tactics, and generally how things worked back then. If the WC blesses the Hybrid reformation I'll be there. I could use some brushing up on Orc talk though... so many years of civility have taken it away.

KRIMP!

Tak'Wug
06-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Well I have alerted the WC now its up to them... Gl

K'muk
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Har har har... I'm currently in the fort and friended to the Uruk Tempul. My buddy Nu'grok is still Gruntee, Smog is still Pug, however, I was forked due to periods of inactivity (used to be gruntee). This summer me and Nu'grok will be playin a bunch if anyone is down to start up some UO RP action. If anyone could add me back to the guild it would be greatly appreciated. It really sucks that most of the huts (gruntee hut T.T) fell. If we were friended we could definitely keep these houses alive along with our own houses. Also, personally, I find that GMs Mark and Lynn are vital in keeping Hybrid alive. The other GMs are way less active than either of them. Hoowah!!! *Preyz tu da bluudgud*

Tak'Wug
06-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah you are right activity is a great excuse for acting up like they are, wheter they like it or not UO Gamers is a company which pretty much requiers them to act profssional.. Abusing power and looking to fulfill their own selfish means using their gm powers are not a good way to represent the shard nor is it a good way to treat the players.. Also getting forked due to inactivity? That doesn't sound right...

Nok'Tor
06-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I think he means he was kicked off the stone for inactivity. every now and then we clean the stones in order to keep better track of things. Ido remember K'muk and the whole Muk disputes though lol. Anyhow if you guys are planning to get back into hybrid I may end up joining. I would need to download a working copy ect. but that shouldnt be to much of an issue. As everyone knows I have tons of experience as an orc and I'm willing to help as much as I can training or teaching things to whoever is willing to learn. Im sure that most of my huts are gone though but that dosnt mean we cant start again as we have on many other shards. HOOOOWAH BLOODCLAN!

K'muk
06-10-2011, 12:48 AM
I mean I wouldn't completely argue that they aren't abusing their powers, but at least somewhat doing their job is better than being inactive altogether. I gotta admit, if I was a GM things would probably be a little bit different for my in-game characters and what not. Anyway, back on topic, sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't actually forked for inactivity, but yes I was removed because of it. While in school studying for my degree it can be hard to continue my orcish habits, as addicting as they may be. However, I really look back and think about those days where Fug'rak would give me H lapz around da furt, or getting klomped frum da warbuzz avter me wuz bein a nubbosh pug agh nub mak H surjin resuppliz fur Gr'Blakz Gruntee Qwezt. Me and my bro still talk about how fun bein an orc was as stupid as it may sound so I really would look forward to any activity whatsoever. If any orcs login to UO:Hybrid, you can find me in da rok hut sittin in the chair hiding awl muuns.

Azock
06-10-2011, 01:17 AM
I spoke with Nok'Tor and he is willing to work with all that are interested in the Hybrid UO Bloodclan Orcs. I'm working on the login info for the rok atop grunt hut next door to the main rok hut at fort. Last one we were active on. Also working on these forums for different sections/games within the Bloodclan, so please check back soon!
If there is anything you need concerning these forums feel free to pm me. We also have the WIKI up > http://www.bloodclanorks.com/wiki < For more clan links and info...ventrilo/ mIRC and more......

Pa'Okie
06-10-2011, 05:48 AM
FWIW Pa'Okie has over 100 vet rewards, if they have any value, to donate to BC. Let me know how that works, or just auction them on forums. Thanks.

Tak'Wug
06-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Pa'Okie get some small orc statues those are always fun to like throw around just to mark you where there rapig and pillaging or simply to just decorate some huts... :P

K'Muk: well of course I would make my game more interesting if I was a gm, which is why I'm not a GM... -.-

Nok: nub teezh surjinz
wei ub lyfe!!!!

Pa'Okie
06-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Number of Orcs logged on in June is 12. That has doubled since last time I checked - 4 just today not counting Pa'Okie.

I thought I lost this discussion thread. Then I saw it was moved to a Hybrid section. Must be a new section.

Tak'Wug reminded me, I still have Bazyk Med'Urk Fiztbook by Surjin General

Tak'Wug
06-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Me and my big mouth... Put that away! :O

Loathgar
06-13-2011, 12:28 AM
I own the tempul and have just been logging on to refresh it. I am still on the "Ork" rok, and am willing to join in on any revivals.

K'muk
06-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Loathgar!!! ^^ you friended me to your tempul on my other orc! Just curious, but would you be able to friend K'muk as well because he has trouble getting to safe spots to log off sometimes. thanks!

Nok'Tor
06-13-2011, 03:52 AM
heh good to see your up again Loathgar I need a copy of the med'urk buuk so I can make copies .
K'muk and Pa' we are logging in pretty ragular now and as soon as we get control of the stone we should have at least 3 new members. hopefully with more to come. Oh and yeah azock made us a nice new section to send people to. thank you Azock!
Tak where the hell are you man get wakee!
HOOOWAH BLOODCLAN!

Loathgar
06-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah hit me up in game or on aim (theflawedpanda). I will not be online tonight as I will be at the GFs place. And nok if that reference to the med'urk buuk was to me, I have NO IDEA where/if I have one. I will look but I make no promises.

Nok'Tor
06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
heh its cool your hut is still fairly organized. I found them in one of the back chests.

Tak'Wug
06-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Sorry Nok buddeh.. I am on DF... I could log on and sell all my banksitting stuff to fund some BC fun... but that'll have to wait :O

K'muk
06-13-2011, 08:40 PM
I have a copy of the med'uurk book on K'muk. I constantly wait in the orc hut for others so if your around come by the hut. I will be on tonight for sure after I go see Super 8. I may have some other books... although I'll have to check. I did see the gruntee qwezt book somewhere. meeb nub gruk!!!

Pa'Okie
06-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Lots of fighting around the Furt tonight. Lost my weapons, my suit and my Med'Urk Fiztbook in the first 10 minutes. After a while the reds took pity on the Orc ghosts and started gating and rezzing.

K'muk
06-14-2011, 06:18 AM
Whatever there are several of those books laying around but try not to let the oomies know of our knowledgable teachings. Don't let them pity us KLOMP DEM OOMIES.

Anyways, we had great activity tonight on the server as well as a small rayd which was successful until the inevitable klomping of the orcs by dumskah oomies. It was very fun until that part. we were able to krozzheel somewhat and practice simple rayd tactics such as krimping and klomping. We were also able to experience furt debenz. All in all, i would like to see more orcs if possible! It was a fun night I gotta say.

Nok'Tor
06-14-2011, 06:25 AM
I had alot of fun tonight. reminds me of old times heh. the hummies where def happy to see us again everywhere we went there was a pile of them looking for some action.

Tak'Wug
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I am gonna see if I can remember my mak'r login... think he has a runic gold hammer or two for epic weapons...

Nok'Tor
06-14-2011, 05:35 PM
*humps taks face* tak'wug De pixul Peemp tu de rezkuu!

Tak'Wug
06-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah I am pretty damn pimp....

Kurg'Grat
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
I have a couple smiths able to make stuff. i am trying to figure out how to set up a vendor I would have done it at the guild house but the owner account is banned so ill work on that but in the mean time if I can figure out how to make the rental agreements I will set up a vendor at the pew hut with orc made weapons and armour.

Nok'Tor
06-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Any luck getting the current rockboss info kurg?

Burz'Ro
06-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Ug!

I'm here to help.

Kurg'Grat
06-19-2011, 04:07 AM
yes I successfully got in touch with Ryan and he helped out. He asked Mark to help and I got control of both stones as well as the guild house xfered over to me since it was still on a banned account. Azock said we would continue with the most recent stone for recruitment "ork" and on that stone I made the people he told me into emissaries which I believe makes everyone able to recruit. If not I can fix that at a later time. I also kicked all known forks from previous problems and can friend anyone as needed to the guild house or my pew hut.

I am in the middle of a busy week which is why I wanted to get all that sorted out ASAP to get orcs guilded, once I figure out how to do vendors I will set up a vendor at the rock hut with cheap gm orc made items and can stock anyone as needed. I had thought I had a vast horde of gold still, however careful searching of all my accounts only brought up a measly 2m which I will use to purchase some more supplies if I run low. (think im pretty low on iron ingots)

Hope that helps update everyone. In a nut shell we have everything we will ever need in the form of help from staff to be able to revive our home branch on Hybrid.

Nok'Tor
06-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Sweet shit I'll try to add the new members and let you know how that goes. I am friended to all the huts we have up at the moment I believe (Rokhut,Grunthut,Tempul,Yewhut). there are two more orc huts near us but I have no idea who owns them and i have never seen them in use. one is just south east of the fort and the other is east of the clearing.

Kurg'Grat
06-20-2011, 04:00 AM
i know the one south of the fort is owned by an old japanese orc named na'mko or something

Nok'Tor
06-20-2011, 04:35 AM
yes. Kurg it seems that you have removed my Mojokii (Krath'Mog) from the clan and friend list of the rokhut. so whenever is good for you let me know. im still friended to the grunthut though so i can log and stuff.

Oh and the guild stuff works perfect we have new members on the rock HOOOWAH BLOODCLAN!

Kurg'Grat
06-20-2011, 11:22 PM
oops, blame azock. we can get him re added asap

Rel'Tak
06-21-2011, 02:18 AM
Hey guys. Nok'Tor sent me a message over ICQ last night and I logged in for the first time in nearly a year and a half. Had a lot of fun last night killing humies, These new generation wanna-be PKs don't know our tactics. They were easy prey.

I've been playing on IPY2 with the Yew Militia and that will continue to be my main focus, but I will definitely be around to help if I'm needed. I already put my Pug Mak-r to use by using his GM tailoring and Smithing to make us some armor and weapons. Right now I'm going through every single character and their bank looking for resources and gold.

Pa'Okie
06-21-2011, 06:08 AM
a lawyer is offering a spot with a house with orc design on it to Bloodclan who contact him about it on Hybrid,
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/dere-urks.480004/

Xurugg
06-26-2011, 01:24 PM
There is also a small house for sale directly across the road from that brit hut.