PDA

View Full Version : Ipy3

Rel'Tak
09-30-2013, 01:27 AM
I figure we should get some good discussion going about this shard. There's no doubt that it will be the next "big" UO freeshard when it launches. Let's face it, UOForever is a trash server that will die the moment any sort of competition is launched. The horrible ruleset and how disagreeable it is to our play style means that this shard won't last for much longer. It's a struggle even now trying to get people on for a raid.

I've been Alpha testing the several different features upcoming for IPY. So far, the ideas are great and the coding that has been implemented has been wonderful.

They have a fully working, automated arena system. Details found here:
http://inporylem.com/ipy-3-arenas/

PvE End Game Armor Sets:

http://inporylem.com/lets-talk-about-sets-baby/

And Portals:
http://inporylem.com/portals/

Beta is getting ready to open up some time in October and they are planning for launch sometime in the winter. Now is the time to put in your input on what features you'd like to see or what sort of improvements you'd like to make. In my personal belief, the aged game that we are addicted to can be considered a success if you play a shard for a year and have a lot of fun and retain good memories of your time there.

Rel'Tak
09-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Updated with Portals link

Gnoth
09-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Theres been some debate on ditching nearest target too, so I hope that goes through.

Rel'Tak
11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
As of now, Az is taking applications for Beta.

http://inporylem.com/forum/showthread.php?27798-IPY-3-Beta

Send him a PM expressing your interest. I would advise including that you are from Bloodclan and hoping to bring good news back to the clan about the new features, etc etc. :)

Rel'Tak
11-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Some New Updates!

The Orc Fort:

Az is wanting to make the fort a "limited housing area". What that means is making the fort an owned building, having an owner, co-owner, friends etc etc. There would be limited storage in the fort and the clan would have the ability to decorate the fort as they wish. For obvious reasons, no banning or kicking from the fort. I haven't confirmed if instant logging out will be added, but I would assume no. I requested a 50 tile radius in all directions from the fort be made a "no count zone" or perma grey area, as well as having a permanent red healer spawn along the outskirts. Az agreed to this.

The stat loss penalties have been lowered from 5-15% to 1.75-3%.

Skill gain has been increased. Instead of taking 1-2 months for a finished character, it should only take 2-3 weeks. This doesn't apply to crafters.

Vlek
11-06-2013, 09:41 PM
That's definitely an improvement to what we've seen. Now paladins need to be nerfed, that item that allows them to know the coordinates of murders to be completely removed, and we'd be in business.

Gung'Zog
11-11-2013, 06:01 PM
I'll support you guys in this. I was a long time member of Catskills Undead and Shadowclan Orcs, and will visit regularly.

Bramos
11-15-2013, 05:08 AM
I wantt too killl inn thiss betaa placee youu speakk off

Kurg'Grat
11-20-2013, 12:50 AM
Sounds great. I'm always going to be ipy friendly since those were some of my fav memories with bc back in the day

Grub'Nuk
11-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Just checking in I will almost certainly be playing

Bramos
12-12-2013, 04:48 AM
su erm me nub heer bak abud dis ting ?

Rel'Tak
12-12-2013, 06:49 AM
We've been crunching down on getting everything ready for launch. Be on the look out for a launch date soon

Mur'gugl
12-12-2013, 04:38 PM
ugh i wish it was out, by the time it comes out, I'm going to be deploying...

K'tar
12-18-2013, 04:23 AM
I might come back for this....

Kulmud
12-22-2013, 11:44 PM
greetings
i'm coming to IPY3 from uosa where i was in Shadowclan
i'll be there from launch
i'm an old school player from catskills (97-02)
just wanted to introduce myself
can't wait for january 11th
agh clompun sum humies
Hoowah!!

Gnoth
12-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Welcome! we look forward to seeing lots of orcs prowling the fort on launch!

Kurg'Grat
12-27-2013, 04:51 PM
hopefully this one lasts!

Aya'Stigi
12-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Do I dare play UO again? Oh boy...IPY was pretty good...Rel are the Pewbies coming to IPY3. On the beta are the Boulderfist Orcs there?

K'tar
12-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Do I dare play UO again? Oh boy...IPY was pretty good...Rel are the Pewbies coming to IPY3. On the beta are the Boulderfist Orcs there?

Smug has been MIA from Boulderfist and I dont think the others have any intention of leaving UO forever...

Mur'gugl
12-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Pewbies will be there on IPY3, i saw them talkin about it on the ipy forums.

Rel'Tak
01-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Yew, UND, Savages, and a possible dwarf guild will be there on launch. We'll see how it goes. Yew for sure is diving head first into launch. No Boulderfist in beta, though I'm sure they'll try and come spoil the fun. And yes AYA you better come back. This will probably be the last great hurrah for a UO shard. I know this will be the last shard I will ever play, so now's the time to join in. January 10th in the evening is official launch. I'm taking that day off work and you bet I'll be around for it.

Gung'Zog
01-06-2014, 01:19 PM
I'll be there. It looks like Shadowclan may not be making a branch in IPY 3.

Edit: Found the application form. filling it out now.

I will likely make a separate forum account for Gung'zog

Nok'Tor
01-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I'll be there. It looks like Shadowclan may not be making a branch in IPY 3.

Edit: Found the application form. filling it out now.

I will likely make a separate forum account for Gung'zog

I can just change your forum name for you buddy. reply in this thread or let me know in pm if you would like it changed

Varg
01-07-2014, 05:16 AM
General Mechanics

Currently, In Por Ylem is based roughly around "era accurate" t2a combat. This means you should expect to see mechanics like:
Insta-hit weapons
Precasting
Healing through poison
No special weapon hits of any kind
No specialized "pure mage" viability like poison mages or scribe mages

Ugh, anyone know if IPY3 is planned to use this system also?

Rel'Tak
01-07-2014, 06:50 AM
They are. It's a cold, hard, tank mage world out there, but the shard is gonna be a blast.

Aya'Stigi
01-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Yes, tank mage was king on IPY2...but really archery hits pretty hard if I remember correctly and a decent melee player can hold their own...I am assuming that this iteration of IPY there will still be no mounts...that is key :P....Also, I found that when I played IPY before people did not know what to do if you could actually heal properly...