PDA

View Full Version : *mounts a howler*

Gr'Kig
01-10-2013, 11:02 PM
I know it just does'nt sound right but....

<~Shane> We are about to create Rideable wolf spawns that have the equivelant hit points to a dire wolf
<~Shane> for all your orc rpers
<Nekkar> So sick!
<Ether> sweet shane

LOLOL!

On a sad note, the orc village is going to be deleted, but the existing orc fort may get an addition.

Tip'Sur
01-10-2013, 11:31 PM
rideable wolfs seems awesome but ill bet it will cause a lot of arguments lol maybe only howlers should be able to ride them ;p

and that sucks about the clearing fort, that thing was great! hope they make a good addition to the fort.

Gr'Kig
01-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Shanes reasoning is that it will make for more housing in our area, I did tell him we liked it and that the orcish healer was nice. It was then that he said the fort may get an addition.

Correction, shane is already adding to the fort!!!

Aya'Stigi
01-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Alright in the absence of bolas, and the fact that mounts are in on UOF we should be able to mount up for Bloodgodz sake the man is creating the mounts specifically for us.

Aya'Stigi
01-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I wish the area stayed, with a brute spawn and a puzzle box it gave the humans a reason to come to Orc territory...

Gr'Kig
01-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Agreed, Aya! But alas, it was nub ment tu bi...

Aya'Stigi
01-11-2013, 01:29 AM
A Rideable Wolf
- This wolf is near orc forts, anyone can tame them and ride them. They are about as even in strength as a dire wolf and eat meat as a diet.

And now we have an attraction for the humans to come to us...we need to lock this spawn down from the beginning...

Yog'Ktar
01-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Mountable wolves? Can we have mountable sparkling ponies and beetles too?! *barfs*

Gr'Kig
01-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Mountable wolves? Can we have mountable sparkling ponies and beetles too?! *barfs*

I can see having them on certain raids, but not every raid.

Vretk
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I can see restrictions incoming... xD

Aya'Stigi
01-11-2013, 03:06 PM
lol, yea...in full raid mode we do not need mounts so much...but patrolling around the forts and protecting the spawn of these new mounts...I could see us riding them patrolling the fort area...not ideal mounts really for us, but the developer is trying to help us compete...I would rather have a pretty pink giant toad...

Nok'Tor
01-12-2013, 05:16 AM
Mounts are a bad Idea for orc pvp/rp. we as orcs set up traps and ambushes, we fight together as a unit , and rely on eachother for crossheals and krimps. Mounts tend to spread us out making crosshealing and krimping almost impossible. they encourage chasing humans leading to orcs getting lured into groups/guards and separating us during combat. its very easy to get lost from the group and makes it very hard for grunts to keep lower ranking/inexperienced orcs in line. IMO mounts are most useful for mage tactics and less effective for dexxers which will pretty much eliminate our trademark fighting style.

even though bolas are not in game i believe we can still stand a chance by ambushing players, using stool krimps, krimp and clomping, and archery. we have done so on many shards and i dont see a reason why these tactics wont work here.

rp wise they would make good pets and rp props. but mounting them would take away from what we are in my opinion.

Burz'Ro
01-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Not that I have any say, but crafters could potentially use the ridable wolves.

Nok'Tor
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Good point, i doubt they would have the storage beetles do but it would be an option.

Gr'Kig
01-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Aye, they could definately save a makr's life.

Mur'gugl
01-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Crafter's were the only ones that were allowed to ride a mount. I wouldnt see any harm in them now riding a wolf.

Gnoth
01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Mounts are a bad Idea for orc pvp/rp.

I disagree, having a small number of mounted troops has been proven very effective on our raids. The Undead were the ones to usually fill this role though. It's a bad idea having everyone mounted, but a select group that can ride mounts for certain raid spots would be cash yo. I know orc roleplaying is usually steeped in rigid tradition, but as the game changes, sometimes you have to adapt with new tactics or become redundant. It's not really that big of an issue for me and I would support the use of combat mounted orcs albeit in small number. They would make great pets to train and let loose on ommies too.

Also no bolas and no heat of battle? what kind of trammie shard is this :/

Aya'Stigi
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
no bolas...heat of battle, I believe was supposed to be in...